Wednesday, October 31, 2012

USASJ Story Project- Nov 1 T BENZIE/HOMOLA


Welcome to the USA SJ Story Project- at least a story a day from November 1 to December 31, 2012.
We have many great tales lined up in the queue but we STILL WANT YOURS! Email me @ jhastings@procutusa.com.

We're kicking it off with two stories-

No. 1
TONY BENZIE
Age 42
Iron Mt, MI
Kiwanis Ski Club

I once scraped the storage wax off my skies in the parking lot at Copper Peak for the first ride in 10 months after breaking my arm.


Tony Benzie- rock star





No. 2
JEFF HOMOLA
Age 55
Incline Village, NV
Norge Ski Club, Fox River Grove, IL

I remember being at Westby in the late 80's for their 90 meter tournament. Jimmy Holland had been skiing at the top of his game and decided to drop down to the lowest start on a training jump. I was standing near the knoll as he hit the takeoff. About 40 meters into his flight I heard him say "utt oh" and he backed off to try and make his flight shorter. I can't imagine where he would have gone if he didn't back out, because he took it to the pit with the longest jump of the day!


Jeff Homola, (no. 77) with other masters in 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment