Thursday, December 6, 2018

USANS STORY PROJECT 2-DEC 2017- SOPHIA SCHREINER

Growing up in Westby, Wisconsin I have had ski jumping in my life for a long time. When i was nine we got flyers home from school to start ski jumping with the Snowfake Ski Club. My mom signed me up and my wonderful former coach, Matt Keuler, helped me get started with my passion for ski jumping. Sadly, I was only able to be coached by Matt for 1 year because we moved to Minneapolis. 
Moving to Minneapolis gave me the wonderful opportunity to be able to jump with some truly amazing people at the Minneapolis Ski Club. Skiing with them has been one of the best things that has happened to me. I have made so many bonds with people over the past three years. It has also been amazing having Nick Johnson and Brian Wallace coach me while living here.
Yes, (left to right) Anna Zigman, me, and Nora Schreiner
I have improved so much and have had the amazing opportunity to compete all over the Midwest. I am also so grateful that my parents are able and willing to drive me to practice, help me reach my goals, give up their free time to bring me to practice, and most of all love me and encouraging me.
Sophia Schreiner
SnowFlake Ski Club, Westby, WI/Minneapolis Ski Club, Minneapolis, MN

No comments:

Post a Comment