Thursday, December 25, 2014

USASJ Story Project Christmas Day 2014

FOR CHRISTMAS- THE STORY of HOPE.  Hope Krueger, shown above at her first tournament at Norge Ski Club in January 2014.  She believed she could, and so she did.

HOPE KRUEGER
Age 10
Norge Ski Club
Cary, IL

Last October, our family was driving around our new neighborhood and discovered the Norge Ski Club. We saw a sign that there was going to be a tournament a few days later, and I begged my mom to take us back. My mom said, “What parent would ever let their child jump off those rickety wooden structures?!” I was nine years old, and already a pretty good skier… and I started ski jumping the very next week! I love ski jumping because it’s fun and I love the feeling of flying off the jump and through the air. I can’t wait to get on the 40M soon, and then on the 70M by next year. I want to keep flying forever!


Note from Carrie Kreuger, Hope's mother-

“She believed she could and so, she did.”

Hope has a very unique story that makes her accomplishments so far remarkable. Abandoned at birth in Chicago, Hope was born premature, weighing only three pounds and had also suffered a stroke. One side of her body was entirely paralyzed, and she couldn't even walk or talk until after she was three. She joined our family through foster care at only two days old, and by God’s grace and goodness, we were able to adopt her a few years later. Hope has come so far already, we can’t wait to see what her future will hold – the sky is the limit for this little girl! Hope is passionate about this sport and has vision every day that she wants to spend the rest of her days involved with ski jumping – and her entire life so far is a testimony that with God, all things are possible!


No comments:

Post a Comment